Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Monarchs sailing northeast Tuesday and some pause for nectar on April 15, 2008

Please click on image to ENLARGE photo of monarch butterfly feeding on dandelion at WPWP.


I can't promise a lot of monarchs will be nectaring on World Peace Wetland Prairie during the Earth Day Celebration from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. But plenty will be traveling northeast across Fayetteville and at least a few will pause to seek sustenance. The plants they need to sustain their progeny, the various types of milkweed, will show up in May on WPWP. For 2007 photos of what went on at WPWP, please see
2007 photos from World Peace Wetland Prairie and 2008 Earth Day announcement

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any today, but there lots of them crossing my part of the city a couple of days ago when you made your picture. I didn't see any sitting still, so I couldn't tell their color was that dull.