Monday, October 6, 2008

Vote with the majority for Jim Halsell for Fayetteville School Board

Hello Friends,

The School Board Election is tomorrow and I am voting for Jim Halsell. I believe he will do a great job at that position.

Please read below for his message.

Thanks,
Alan Ostner



My name is Jim Halsell and I am asking for your vote for School Board. I have been a volunteer in our public schools since my youngest son entered kindergarten at Washington Elementary five years ago. I have read books to kindergartners, helped third graders with math, served as a Watchdog Dad, led a pack of cub scouts, and helped raise thousands of dollars to build a modern art room, purchase a kiln, construct an outdoor classroom and help our teachers acquire the tools they need to be more effective in their classrooms. On the district level I have participated in public input sessions ranging from district rezoning to the location of the new high school.

I believe Fayetteville has an excellent opportunity to become a regional leader in 21st Century Education by keeping its neighborhood schools walkable, building a modern high school next to a world renowned research university, and moving toward energy efficient school buildings.

To accomplish this, we must find a way for all stakeholders; teachers, administrators, parents, and board members, to work in an open, transparent and collaborative way. This is why I am running for school board. If you share this vision, please vote for me in the runoff election on October 7th.

Early voting at the County Clerk's office is available through Monday, October 6th, Hours: 8-4:30 weekdays. Election Day is Tuesday, October 7th. Polls are open 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM, but polling sites are new for many voters. Please call 444-1711 to double-check yours.

Jim Halsell
479-966-1986
jim.halsell@gmail.com
JimHalsell.com

No comments: