February meeting of the Washington County AR quorum court includes important public comment on plan to increase public-transportation budget. See this link to view full meeting.
Extremely diverse opinion at this meeting exemplifies all the best in a Democratic society.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE WASHINGTON COUNTY QUORUM COURT
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Washington County Quorum Court Room
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER. JUDGE EDWARDS
2. PRAYER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. ROLL CALL.
4. ADOPTION OF AGENDA. At the beginning of each
meeting, the agenda shall be approved. Any JP may
request an item be added to the agenda subject to
approval of the Quorum Court.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES. Approval of the minutes of the
February 9 regular meeting of the Quorum Court. (5.1)
6. PUBLIC HEARING. At this time the Quorum Court will conduct
the second required Public Hearing concerning the Arkansas
Community and Economic Development Program (ACEDP)
Community Development Project in Washington County. The
purpose of this hearing is to inform citizens of the current scope
and progress of the ACEDP project; discuss any changes or
impacts involving financing sources, user fees or beneficiaries
that have occurred since the first public hearing, accept oral and
written comments regarding the project; and, discuss any potential
impacts upon citizens that may have resulted during the course of
7. FINANCE REPORT. CANDY CLARK
8. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT. (8.1, 8.2) JUDGE EDWARDS
9. COMMITTEE REPORTS.
10. AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A ONE FOURTH OF ONE
PERCENT (0.25%) SALES AND USE TAX FOR THE
SUPPORT OF A PUBLIC MASS TRANSPORTATION
SYSTEM AND FACILITY, AND RESOLVING TO REFER
SUCH TO THE ELECTORATE. This ordinance is on
third and final reading. (10.1) JOHN FIRMIN
11. AN EMERGENCY ORDINANCE AMENDING WASHINGTON
COUNTY CODE 11-202.1 PERTAINING TO CONDITIONAL
USE PERMITS AND PHASED DEVELOPMENT. This
ordinance is being recommended by the County Services
Committee. It contains an emergency clause making it in
effect immediately upon passage. (11.1, 11.2) JOHN FIRMIN
12. AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE REGULATION
AND ABATEMENT OF UNSIGHTLY AND UNSANITARY
CONDITIONS. This ordinance is being sponsored by JP Joe
Patterson. It is on first reading and is being recommended
By the County Services Committee. (12.1-12.3) JOHN FIRMIN
13. OTHER BUSINESS.
14. CITIZEN’S COMMENTS. Fifteen-minute comment period
with a three-minute limit for each individual to comment on
items on the agenda or other items.