Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sponsors sought for Nov. 7, 2009, 5K veterans' memorial race to benefit effort to acquire property to expand Fayetteville National Cemetery

Please click on image to move to Flickr site and ENLARGE for easy reading. The Regional National Cemetery Improvement Corporation needs to add sponsor names to the file for the race T shirts and the brochures so that printing can begin. Already, Tyson Foods has donated at the Medal of Honor level and has challenged others to join them at the top of the list, thanks to the effort of RNCIC Secretary Peggy McClain.
Also, Hogeye Inc. has become a sponsor at the Distinguished Service level. The Bank of Fayetteville and other local businesses have come aboard as a Bronze Star sponsor. Hugo's Restaurant and other local businesses have donated prizes and goody-bag stuffers of value.
RNCIC 5K sponsorship levels 09
Please click on image to go to Flickr page to Enlarge logos of first two major sponsors of the Veterans' 5K race set for November 7, 2009, in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
TysonLogo2
HogeyeCrest3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of a grown man refers to himself as "aubunique"?

What a limp-wristed waste of skin.

aubunique said...

Some decades ago when I prepared to send in the AKC registration of my first Labrador retriever pup, I read the instructions that said names must be no more than 28 characters in length and unique.
So I named that dog Aubunique and it served the purpose of a kennel name on the few litters produced by my dogs in the past.
And when the Arkansas Gazette's sports editor, Paul Borden, hired me from the Arkansas Democrat in 1988, after introductions around the office, he told me to sit down and write one of my Aub-unique columns.
So that became a handy screen name when I got dragged into the Web site and then the blog world.
Dogs bearing that kennel name swam in about every major waterway in Arkansas and surrounding states and shared a duckboat with me on some of the worst days of weather imaginable in Arkansas during my newspaper outdoor-writing days.
Borden's meaning when he used the phrase was a compliment. A unique combination of interests and opinions was the thing the Gannett executives running Gazette in the 1980s said they valued when they hired me toward the end of the newspaper war.
I don't refer to myself as Aubunique. The word is simply a useful screen name that isn't intended to make my work anonymous but might get the attention of someone who has a descendant of one of my fine Labs of the past or who read my columns back in the day.
Thanks for the question.