Friday, May 15, 2009

Whose responsibility is it to warn EVERY resident of the southside of the city that fireworks will sound late on the night of the final game?

Please click on image to see aging gander swimming behind his wife and two goslings. This pair of geese has raised a family since the second year that the detention pond was at Baum Stadium. Two is the smallest brood I have ever seen them with. Will they be around in the morning? I hope so. I wish everyone cared. I love baseball more than anyone I know. Sadly, I love waterfowl more than almost anyone I know.

I did forget the pets in the shock of the moment. I remembered the geese because I drove by baum and saw them today. But I remember two incidents from a year or two ago with special power. One was a guy driving past my house and circling the neighborhood calling his dog's name. I never learned whether he got his golden retriever back.
The second was a story told to me by a woman whose dog was in the yard and jumped the fence and ran away and was captured a couple of months later by the shelter workers about 2 miles from that woman's house.
Sorry for the oversight.

No comments: