Public Works People: Peter Nierengarten - Printable Version - May 20, 2009- 0 Comments
2. Position and Group Name
Engineer, Engineering Services
3. Describe (briefly) the work you do
I work in Asset Management and help develop strategies for the long term viability of the Water System.
4. Which part of public works is your specialty? (Indicate ONE) Design, Construction, Maintenance, Operations
5. How does your work relate to the public?
My work supports the infrastructure improvement projects that can be seen throughout Portland.
6. What part of your job do you take the most pride in?
Being part of the 100+ year old, pristine, mostly gravity fed, ingenious water system.
7. What does being a public servant mean to you?
Providing for the public benefit and maintaining our water system in accordance with the community's ethics.
8. What is your favorite thing about working for the PWB?
Working with dedicated and knowledgeable co-workers.
9. What do you do when you’re not being a public servant?
Ride my bicycle and garden.