Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stolen sign invited people to meeting at 6 p.m. tonight to see developer's new plan for Aspen Ridge site. Everyone is welcome!

This sign disappeared between midnight Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday from the intersection of 11th Street and S. Hill Avenue in the Town Branch neighborhood. The meeting is at 6 p.m. today at the South Hill Church of Christ, less than 100 yards from where the sign was posted. So I decided to post the photo for those who missed it this morning.


Meeting was announced by email from the "development team" too late to invite everyone interested in the revised plan for the old Aspen Ridge twonhouse site. The plan is for a project called Hill Place, a student-apartment development. The plans have been revised since the Jan. 24 meeting at the same place.

Plenty of seats will be available in the church, and late-comers and everyone is welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have some powerful down-home speakers in that neighborhood. Aren't some of those guys preachers or something. I expected them to start the choir singing any moment.

They don't all agree, but they really no how to introduce the developers to your neighborhood. I wonder if I was the only one there as strictly an outside observer. Most other than the council members, "design team" and the ones with cameras appeared to be part of the neighborhood.

If I come down there for any more meetings, I'll try to get some guys together to come and just listen. I wish I lived in an old subdivision where so many people have a sense of place.