Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
November 16, 2010
City Council Meeting
November 16, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on November 16, 2010 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
|1.||Quarterly Report of the Financial Condition of the City - City Clerk Sondra Smith, Finance Director Paul Becker.|
1. Approval of the November 2, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #10-64 Challenge Technologies: A resolution awarding Bid #10-64 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) on-line respirometers from Challenge Technologies in the amount of $42,500.00 plus applicable sales tax for use at city wastewater treatment facilities.
3. Bid #10-65 HACH Company: A resolution awarding Bid #10-65 and authorizing the purchase of a flow injection analysis instrument from HACH Company in the amount of $53,930.78 for use in testing at city wastewater treatment facilities.
4. McClelland Consulting Engineers Amendment No. 2: A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 2 to a contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers in the amount of $32,036.33 for final design services for Mount Sequoyah Pressure Plane Improvements associated with the Canterbury Water Tank including water pump station and off-site water line extension, and maintaining a $20,000.00 contingency.
5. Fayetteville MSA Limited Partnership/Verizon Wireless: A resolution approving a second amendment to the contract with Fayetteville MSA Limited Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless providing for increased rent of $245.70 per month for cellular antenna space on the Gulley Road Water Tower.
6. Amend Resolution 166-10: A resolution to amend Resolution No. 166-10 to authorize either City Council Member Shirley Lucas or Sarah Lewis to represent the Fayetteville City Council during the Settlement Conference of November 17, 2010, as required by the Federal Magistrate.
7. 2010 ADEQ Recycling Grant For Containers: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2010 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District in the amount of $29,449.00 for recycling containers for the West Side Recycling Drop-Off Facility, and approving a budget adjustment.
8. 2010 ADEQ Recycling Grant For Education: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2010 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District in the amount of $15,551.00 for educational material for the West Side Recycling Drop-Off Facility, and approving a budget adjustment.
9. Highway 16 Improvements: A resolution authorizing payment to the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department in the amount of $980,906.00 for a portion of the City’s fifty percent (50%) share of improvements to State Highway 16 from Armstrong Avenue to Stonebridge Road.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Bid #10-60 Crossland Heavy Contractors, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #10-60 and authorizing a contract with Crossland Heavy Contractors, Inc. in the amount of $2,770,280.00 for construction of a biosolids management thermal dryer, approving a project contingency of $140,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
2. CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. Amendment No. 1: A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 1 with CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $6,765,224.00 for operation, maintenance, management, and engineering services for city wastewater treatment facilities and systems, and approving a $70,000.00 contract contingency.
3. 2011 Annual Budget & Work Program: A resolution adopting the 2011 Annual Budget and Work Program.
4. SouthPass Amendment No. 1: An ordinance approving Amendment No. 1 to a residential planned zoning district entitled R-PZD 08-2898 SouthPass to amend the phasing plan, reduce the project acreage and density, rezone a portion of the property to RSF-0.5, amend Condition No. 10 regarding the $1 million contribution and change the name of the PZD.